- Corporate Profile
- Press Room
- Investor Relations
- Working with Intuit
- Social Responsibility
- Careers at Intuit
- Contact Us
QuickBooks 2009 Helps Small Businesses Find More Ways to Save Time, Make Money and Get Ahead
Major Upgrade Boosts Productivity, Provides Business Insights and Helps Attract New Customers
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. - Sept. 29, 2008 -Small businesses and accountants will find more ways to get ahead and make more money with the new version of QuickBooks®, the best-selling small business financial software from Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq: INTU). Intuit QuickBooks Accounting 2009 offers new features to help them get more productive, gain insights on their business, attract new customers and do business in today's global and changing economy.
The launch of QuickBooks 2009 builds on Intuit's Small Business "Connected Services" strategy and brings together powerful online services such as free Web site creation and hosting for one year, and better online banking. Also new this year is Live Community, which connects QuickBooks users directly to Intuit's Small Business Community so they can quickly have their questions answered by hundreds of thousands of accountants, experts and other small businesses like themselves, helping them get back to running their business.
"Intuit QuickBooks 2009 is one of our best releases in years, giving small businesses more reasons to be optimistic even in tough economic times," said Rick Jensen, senior vice president and general manager of Intuit's Small Business Group. "The powerful new features help small businesses become more productive while finding new ways to make money and succeed in a global economy."
Get Productive and Save Time
New and improved features help small businesses and accountants save time and become more productive, so they can spend more time doing what they do best.
- Client Data Review: One of the biggest new features in QuickBooks 2009, Client Data Review will increase accountants' productivity by helping them find and correct their clients' errors. Accountants can review and fix errors in account balances, charts of accounts and several other categories, all from a single screen. This feature saves accountants more than 30 percent of time spent on each client, resulting in hundreds of hours saved per year.
- Online Banking: One of the top requested features, online banking saves users time on data entry and increases the accuracy of their financial records by easily connecting to and downloading transactions from their participating financial institution directly into QuickBooks. Small businesses can gain control of their cash flow by seeing which checks have cleared their accounts, which transactions are pending, and get up-to-date account balances, all in one place.
Gain Insights and Information
QuickBooks 2009 offers small businesses a wealth of information, helping them gain insights and run their business more efficiently.
- Live Community: Within the product, users can automatically get general business advice and answers to their QuickBooks questions with Live Community. Live Community enables businesses to share knowledge and best practices with other businesses throughout the Intuit Small Business Community. About 80 percent of QuickBooks questions can be answered right from the product, and users can also get their general business questions answered by hundreds of thousands of accountants, experts and other small businesses owners.
- Company Snapshot: From one easily accessible location, Company Snapshot shows which customers owe money, lists outstanding bills and compiles a to-do list. It provides a real-time business snapshot so that companies can stay on top of their finances and performance without shuffling through endless reports.
"The saying 'a picture is worth a thousand words' is really given meaning with QuickBooks 2009," said Sean Graham of Global Products and Services in Oakdale, Calif. "The Company Snapshot feature is exactly what I have been waiting for. I can provide my partners an instant view of our company's financial health with a single click."
Get New Customers and Do Business in a Global Economy
New features also address two big trends for small businesses today - going online to get more customers and doing business in a global economy.
- Free Web site: Intuit research shows that while less than half of small businesses have a Web site, more than 95 percent want one. Users can now create a professional-looking, customized, free Web site to reach current and new customers. Intuit will host the Web site for free for 12 months from the date of purchase.
- Multi-Currency: Almost half of U.S. small businesses will be involved in global trade by 2018, according to the Intuit Future of Small Business Report&tm;. QuickBooks 2009 now supports all international currencies, eliminating the need to manually account for foreign transactions. It allows small businesses to buy and sell easily around the world and seamlessly manage their finances, customers and vendors at home and abroad.
- International Payments: QuickBooks 2009 users can also connect directly to Intuit's international payment service, making it easy to process wire transfers and drafts in more than 100 foreign currencies right from within the software.
"Using the multi-currency features in QuickBooks makes it easy for me to deal with inventory and accounts across our entire enterprise," said Kenneth Cole of Blue Wolf Technical Services in Falls Church, Va. "Our accounting department used to spend days converting currency and making adjustments to our books - this new feature saves my company time and money."
Pricing and Availability
Intuit QuickBooks Accounting 2009 products are currently available direct from Intuit at www.quickbooks.com and will be available beginning Oct. 8 at leading retailers including Amazon.com, Best Buy, CDW, Circuit City, Costco, Fry's Electronics, Office Depot, OfficeMax, Sam's Club, Staples, Target and Wal-Mart. More information on additional Intuit services can be found at www.intuit.com.
Suggested retail prices are:
- Intuit QuickBooks Accounting Simple Start Edition 2009: $99.95.
- Intuit QuickBooks Accounting Pro Edition 2009: $199.95.
- Intuit QuickBooks Accounting Premier Edition 2009 (including industry-specific editions for accountants, contractors, manufacturers and wholesalers, nonprofits, professional service firms and retailers): $399.95.
QuickBooks Simple Start Free is also available for download at www.quickbooks.com.
Additional versions of Intuit QuickBooks include:
- Intuit QuickBooks Accounting Online
- Intuit QuickBooks Accounting 2009 for Mac
- Intuit QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 9.0
About Intuit Inc.
Intuit Inc. is a leading provider of business and financial management solutions for small and mid-sized businesses; financial institutions, including banks and credit unions; consumers and accounting professionals. Its flagship products and services, including QuickBooks®, Quicken® and TurboTax® software, simplify small business management and payroll processing, personal finance, and tax preparation and filing. ProSeries® and Lacerte® are Intuit's leading tax preparation software suites for professional accountants. The company's financial institutions division, anchored by Digital Insight, provides on-demand banking services to help banks and credit unions serve businesses and consumers with innovative solutions.
Founded in 1983, Intuit had annual revenue of $3.1 billion in its fiscal year 2008. The company has approximately 8,000 employees with major offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and other locations. More information can be found at www.intuit.com.
Intuit, the Intuit logo and QuickBooks, among others, are registered trademarks and/or registered service marks of Intuit Inc. in the United States and other countries.