- Corporate Profile
- Press Room
- Investor Relations
- Working with Intuit
- Social Responsibility
- Careers at Intuit
- Contact Us
Intuit Offers Women Tips to Maintain Financial Health
Company Joins California First Lady Maria Shriver at The Women's Conference
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. 20, 2008 Female entrepreneurs, stay-at-home moms and women graduates across the country share a common thread dreams. And with the country facing economic uncertainty, women are also united in their determination to achieve their dreams and thrive in any economy.
To help women manage the critical, yet complex tasks of personal and small business finances, Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq: INTU), maker of QuickBooks, Quicken and TurboTax, offers a series of timeless tips designed to help them achieve their goals.
The tips are part of Intuit and the company's Financial Freedom Foundation sponsorship of The Womens Conference, the nations premier forum for women and the largest gathering of women in the country. The event, led by California first lady Maria Shriver, will be held Oct. 21-22 in Long Beach, Calif.
- Go for it , 1,600 women entrepreneurs in the United States take a leap of faith to start a small business and become their own boss.
- Embrace technology - Tap into the multitude of online communities, social networking tools and free services that help women network, start a business and manage finances. Advances in technology give women looking for work-life balance the flexibility to work on their time and their own terms, according to the Intuit Future of Small Business Report.
- Know your limits - Avoid costly overdraft fees and spend within your means by tracking finances.
- Invest in you - Invest in your education and a healthy lifestyle to extend your possibilities and life span.
- Organize and prioritize - File receipts in one place to save time and stress at tax time.
- Lend a hand - Give back to the community with time or household items. This both helps those in need, and creates valuable tax savings.
Intuit will introduce a panel discussion on health care and showcase several of its philanthropic and free offerings including Simple Start, Quicken Online, JumpUp and TurboTax during the Night at the Village event on Oct. 21.
About Intuit Inc.
Intuit Inc. is a leading provider of business and financial management solutions for small and mid-sized businesses; financial institutions, including banks and credit unions; consumers and accounting professionals. Its flagship products and services, including QuickBooks®, Quicken® and TurboTax®, simplify small business management and payroll processing, personal finance, and tax preparation and filing. ProSeries® and Lacerte® are Intuit's leading tax preparation offerings for professional accountants. The companys financial institutions division, anchored by Digital Insight, provides on-demand banking services to help banks and credit unions serve businesses and consumers with innovative solutions.
Founded in 1983, Intuit had annual revenue of $3.1 billion in its fiscal year 2008. The company has approximately 8,000 employees with major offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and other locations. More information can be found at www.intuit.com.
About the Intuit Financial Freedom Foundation
The Intuit Financial Freedom Foundation is dedicated to economically empowering disadvantaged, lower income and underserved people and the nonprofit organizations that serve them. By donating Intuit software and online services, the Foundation helps them master their finances and bridge the digital divide. The Foundations signature programs are the Intuit Tax Freedom Project and the Quicken and QuickBooks Product Donation Programs.