- Corporate Profile
- Press Room
- Investor Relations
- Working with Intuit
- Social Responsibility
- Careers at Intuit
- Contact Us
Quicken 2010: Easy Money Management Helps People Save More, Avoid Overspending
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – Oct. 13, 2009 – With an easier setup, fresh new design and dramatically simplified navigation, Quicken 2010® for Windows® makes it easier for people to watch their spending, pay bills and make the most of their money. The improvements mean consumers can get up and running faster with Quicken desktop software, making getting a handle on their spending a breeze.
Quicken 2010, from Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq: INTU), provides consumers with their complete financial picture in one place, so they can pay bills on time and make the most of their paychecks. With easy access to accounts, bills and savings, Quicken users know exactly where they stand so they don’t overspend and can avoid overdraft fees. Using personal financial software like Quicken can help the average American household save about $150 a year in costly fees.
"Seventy percent of Americans live paycheck-to-paycheck," said Dan Maurer, senior vice president and general manager of the Consumer Group. "They need an easy way to see their spending and savings all in one place so they can make the best financial decisions for themselves and their families. Quicken makes it easier for people to see where their money goes so they don’t overspend. We’ve listened to what customers want and responded by adding their most-requested improvements to Quicken 2010. It will easily and quickly help people save and do more with their money."
5 Features Customers Want Most
Among the enhancements to Quicken 2010 are several features customers want most, including:
- Faster setup - A new, three-step guided setup walks customers through connecting accounts, setting up bill reminders and creating savings goals, making it easier to pay bills and keep track of spending.
- Simplified navigation - Customers have easy access to their bills, banking, investments, net worth and planning tools so they can get the information they need to make better decisions about their money.
- At-a-glance home page - A new home page greets customers with a complete view of their financial picture. It features a snapshot of their spending, upcoming bills, and savings - all in one place.
- Automatic categorization - Transactions are automatically placed in the appropriate category, helping customers quickly see where their money is going so they can easily identify where to cut back and save more.
- Easier to use - New users will find it easy to start using Quicken 2010, while returning customers will experience a better quality Quicken overall with the flexibility to customize their Quicken experience to meet their specific needs.
Easy Conversion for Microsoft Money Users
Quicken 2010 includes an easy-to-use conversion tool to help customers still using the now-discontinued Microsoft Money move their files in three easy steps. Those users can quickly and accurately transfer accounts, addresses, categories, scheduled transactions and other financial data into Quicken.
Quicken Free Rent Sweepstakes
Ever wonder how it would feel to have an extra $2,500 in your pocket? Quicken will help one lucky winner find out by paying one month’s rent for December 2009. The Quicken Free Rent Twitter Sweepstakes begins Oct. 15, 2009 at www.quickenfreerent.com. Full contest rules, terms and conditions, and entry methods will be available when the contest launches.
Pricing and Availability
The Quicken 2010 product line includes:
- Quicken Starter Edition ($29.99) - For consumers who want to get handle on their money so they avoid missing bills and incurring costly fees.
- Quicken Deluxe ($59.99) - For those who want to save more; helps create custom savings plans.
- Quicken Premier ($89.99) - For investors and those who manage investments and plan ahead for tax time.
- Quicken Home & Business ($99.99) - For those who manage both home and business expenses.
Quicken 2010 is available for purchase or download directly from Intuit at the redesigned www.quicken.com and at retailers.
About Intuit Inc.
Intuit Inc. is a leading provider of business and financial management solutions for small and mid-sized businesses; financial institutions, including banks and credit unions; consumers and accounting professionals. Its flagship products and services, including QuickBooks®, Quicken® and TurboTax®, simplify small business management and payroll processing, personal finance, and tax preparation and filing. ProSeries® and Lacerte® are Intuit's leading tax preparation offerings for professional accountants. The company’s financial institutions division, anchored by Digital Insight, provides on-demand banking services to help banks and credit unions serve businesses and consumers with innovative solutions.
Founded in 1983, Intuit had annual revenue of $3.2 billion in its fiscal year 2009. The company has approximately 7,800 employees with major offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, India and other locations. More information can be found at www.intuit.com.