- Corporate Profile
- Press Room
- Investor Relations
- Strategic Sourcing
- Social Responsibility
- Careers at Intuit
- Contact Us
CIGNA Simplifies Paying Medical Bills for Millions of Customers
Expands Quicken Health Expense Tracker, Adds Online Bill Pay Capability
BLOOMFIELD, Conn. and MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – Mar. 08, 2010 – CIGNA (NYSE:CI) is announcing today that it is rolling out Intuit Inc.'s (Nasdaq: INTU) Quicken Health Expense TrackerSM online bill payment for its medical and pharmacy plan customers - at no additional charge.
"A major area of confusion for many health plan customers is understanding what they are responsible for paying out of their own pocket and why," said Tom Richards, senior vice president and product leader for CIGNA. "Quicken Health Expense Tracker makes it easy for individuals to understand and pay their medical expenses online."
A year ago, CIGNA became the first health plan to make Quicken Health Expense Tracker available to those enrolled in the health service company's Open Access, PPO, Point of Service and HMO health and pharmacy plans. In addition, effective today Quicken Health Expense Tracker is now also available to customers of CIGNA consumer-driven Choice Fund plans.
"I've been searching for years for a tool to help me save valuable time tracking my family's medical expenses, but the programs I tried were just hard to use and took up even more time," said Arne Lindgren, a CIGNA customer from Alabama. "I found Quicken Health Expense Tracker on the myCIGNA Web site and I love it! This is the answer to what I needed."
Quicken Health Expense Tracker is available at no additional cost on www.myCIGNA.com, the secure, personal Web site for those enrolled in CIGNA plans. Now consumers can finally manage their medical expenses easily because Quicken Health Expense Tracker:
- Presents complex medical jargon and codes for services received in clear, everyday language.
- Provides claim information and shows the math behind how the individual's financial responsibility was calculated. Clear, easy to understand calculations show the cost and how much the health plan covered.
- Walks individuals through each claim using the "Claim Assistant" feature to check for accuracy, and provides step-by-step guidance for questions.
- Enables users to pay any outstanding balance online from Quicken Health Expense Tracker, simplifying the process of paying doctor's bills.
Quicken Health Expense Tracker is the latest of several resources and tools CIGNA provides to help individuals understand, manage, and improve their health and productivity. Other CIGNA resources and tools include:
- My Health Assessment - Identifies top three risks through an online questionnaire, and recommends personalized actions for improving health and lowering health risks
- CIGNA Well Informed - Alerts individuals and their physicians to possible gaps in care
- CIGNA Care Connections - One-stop online location for cost and quality transparency tools
- Personal Health Record (PHR) - Provides a confidential, secure online location for members to store their complete health history
- CIGNA 24 Hour Health Information Line - Anytime access to a live nurse or audio library of health information and tips
- Online Coaching - Multi-week online coaching triggered by risk(s) indicated in the health assessment.
For additional product feature information about Quicken Health Expense Tracker, visit www.quickenhealth.com.
CIGNA (NYSE:CI), a global health service company, is dedicated to helping people improve their health, well being and sense of security. CIGNA Corporation's operating subsidiaries provide an integrated suite of medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, as well as group life, accident and disability insurance, to approximately 46 million people throughout the United States and around the world. To learn more about CIGNA, visit www.cigna.com. To sign up for email alerts or an RSS feed of company news, log on to http://newsroom.cigna.com/rss/. Also, follow us on Twitter: @cignatweets and visit CIGNA's You Tube channel at www.youtube.cignatv.com/
About Intuit Inc.
Intuit Inc. is a leading provider of business and financial management solutions for small and mid-sized businesses; financial institutions, including banks and credit unions; consumers and accounting professionals. Its flagship products and services, including QuickBooks®, Quicken® and TurboTax®, simplify small business management and payroll processing, personal finance, and tax preparation and filing. ProSeries® and Lacerte® are Intuit's leading tax preparation offerings for professional accountants. The company's financial institutions division, anchored by Digital Insight, provides on-demand banking services to help banks and credit unions serve businesses and consumers with innovative solutions.
Founded in 1983, Intuit had annual revenue of $3.1 billion in its fiscal year 2009. The company has approximately 7,800 employees with major offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, India and other locations. More information can be found at www.intuit.com.
About the Quicken Health Group
Utilizing the same consumer focused development process that has created leading solutions for consumers and small businesses like TurboTax®, QuickBooks® and Quicken®, the Quicken Health Group is a division of Intuit Inc. that is working with health plans, employers and providers to create solutions that make the financial side of health care easier.
Intuit, the Intuit logo, Quicken Health Expense Tracker, and Quicken among others, are registered trademarks and/or registered service marks of Intuit Inc. in the United States and other countries. Other parties' trademarks or service marks are the property of their respective owners and should be treated as such.