- Corporate Profile
- Press Room
- Investor Relations
- Strategic Sourcing
- Social Responsibility
- Careers at Intuit
- Contact Us
QuickBooks 2011 for Mac Boosts Productivity; Helps Small Businesses Scale as They Grow
New Features Save Time, Enhance Customization
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – Sep. 07, 2010 – Small business Mac users will be able to save more time thanks to new multi-user functionality in the latest release of QuickBooks financial software, from Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq: INTU). QuickBooks 2011 for Mac gives small business owners powerful tools with the simplicity they expect from a Mac product. Available Sept. 27, the software can grow with the user’s business, make everyday tasks easier, and create customized business forms and reports.
The software meets the needs of expanding small businesses with new multi-user options and the ability to set user permissions - the most-requested features by previous QuickBooks for Mac users. With the ability to delegate important accounting tasks to others in the company, small business owners can focus on driving their businesses forward.
QuickBooks 2011 for Mac also features new reports and tools to help users track job-related mileage so they can claim the tax write-offs they deserve. Users can also customize reports and forms to reflect their brands and to show the exact data they need to show.
"Many of our small business customers - from the graphic designer to the restaurant owner - run busy, fast-growing operations," said Dan Wernikoff, vice president and general manager of Intuit’s Financial Management Solutions division. "The features in QuickBooks 2011 for Mac help them save time in the back office, so they can grow their business without feeling growing pains."
Scale the Back Office as You Grow
Two new features ensure that QuickBooks 2011 for Mac can grow as a small business expands:
- Multi-User Access allows up to five employees to simultaneously view and edit QuickBooks data files.
- User Permissions lets small businesses determine who can work in up to eight accounting activity areas. In addition, iChat integration allows logged-in users to communicate with each other using QuickBooks to avoid crossed wires.
"Multi-user functionality is time-saving and priceless to my business," said Gary Gray of October Media Group in Los Angeles, Calif. "Other users in my office can access the financials without me having to give up my laptop, which allows me to focus on my projects."
Make Everyday Tasks Easier
QuickBooks for Mac 2011 also includes these time-saving features:
- Mileage Tracking enables users to log their job-related auto mileage for reimbursement on customer invoices and at tax time, giving small businesses a better understanding of job costs.
- Register Sorting allows users to find specific transactions faster by easily sorting account registers by date, type, number, amount, and other fields.
- Export Report Data seamlessly to either Excel or Numbers.
- Little Square is a free, online magazine with videos, articles and other resources that helps users learn the ins and outs of QuickBooks for Mac.
Customize Forms for Your Needs
Small businesses can spend considerable time manually designing forms to reflect their unique brands. And creating reports with the data they need can be challenging. New customization features and templates in QuickBooks 2011 for Mac make it easy to create sleek and simple forms.
- Layout Designer offers improved, ready-made templates to give users the ability to create customized forms for estimates, invoices and more. New tools simplify image cropping and field alignment to create a unique, professional look.
- Customize Reports allows users to more easily create custom reports with a modern look using familiar Mac-like tools.
Pricing and Availability
QuickBooks 2011 for Mac will be available for purchase beginning Sept. 27 directly from Intuit at www.quickbooks.com/mac, or by calling 888-729-1996. The product will be available widely at Apple stores, Apple.com, Amazon.com, Best Buy, Costco, Office Max, Office Depot, Fry’s Electronics, Sam’s Club, Staples, and Mac Zone on Oct. 10.
Suggested retail prices are:
- 1-User: $229.95.
- 2-User: $439.95.
- 3-User: $599.95.
Additional seats can be purchased for $209.95 each.
QuickBooks for Mac is part of a family of financial software and services from Intuit that includes:
- Intuit QuickBooks For Mac Press Kit
- Intuit on Twitter
- Intuit on Facebook
- Intuit Small Business Blog
- Intuit Community
About Intuit Inc.
Intuit Inc. is a leading provider of business and financial management solutions for small and mid-sized businesses; financial institutions, including banks and credit unions; consumers and accounting professionals. Its flagship products and services, includingQuickBooks®, Quicken® andTurboTax®, simplify small business management andpayroll processing, personal finance, and tax preparation and filing. ProSeries® and Lacerte® are Intuit's leading tax preparation offerings for professional accountants. Intuit Financial Services provides enhanced online banking solutions and unique insights to help banks and credit unions serve businesses and consumers with innovative solutions.
Founded in 1983, Intuit had annual revenue of $3.5 billion in its fiscal year 2010. The company has approximately 7,700 employees with major offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, India and other locations. More information can be found at www.intuit.com.
Intuit, the Intuit logo and QuickBooks, among others, are registered trademarks and/or registered service marks of Intuit Inc. in the United States and other countries.