- Corporate Profile
- Press Room
- Investor Relations
- Strategic Sourcing
- Social Responsibility
- Careers at Intuit
- Contact Us
QuickBooks for Mac 2012 Saves Small Businesses Time With a Lion OS Experience
Redesigned User Interface Delivers Complete Mac Experience; New Features Provide Fast Access to Data, Simplify Tasks
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – Sep. 07, 2011 – Small businesses can find more ways to save time with a Mac experience they expect in the latest release of QuickBooks® financial software from Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq: INTU).
QuickBooks for Mac 2012 offers more than 50 new features and enhancements that give small businesses faster access to important information and simplify critical business tasks. The product becomes available on Sept. 26.
"As more and more small businesses adopt Macs, we see increased adoption of QuickBooks for Mac," said Dan Wernikoff, senior vice president and general manager of Intuit's Financial Management Solutions division. "In response, we've recommitted ourselves to making the product even better. With Apple's new Lion OS, we focused on a simple, elegant and easy to use native experience, while continuing to add new features that save small businesses time."
Faster Access to Important Information
For small businesses, having instant access to important data when and where they need it can mean the difference in getting paid on time or overlooking money owed by a customer. QuickBooks for Mac 2012 makes it intuitive and fast to find needed information with features such as:
- Improved Search: Use keywords to find items such as customer or vendor contacts, transactions, amounts and dates. Apply filters to refine search results or save searches for future reference.
- Customer and Vendor History Panels: Get an at-a-glance view of customer details, such as open balances and notes, right next to open invoices. Small businesses can now complete transactions and answer customer questions quickly and easily.
- Transaction List: Browse and sort forms by date, customer name or other criteria while entering invoices, expenses and sales receipts. With all the information at one's fingertips, it eliminates the need to flip through past transactions one by one.
"The new search feature is powerful. It helps me instantly track down specific transactions, customer contacts, reports - you name it," said Christine Holzmann of CH Graphic Designs, LLC in Peachtree City, Ga. "With the intuitive functionality of Spotlight or Google, search will save me a lot of time finding what I'm looking for in QuickBooks."
Simplified Multi-step Tasks
Saving small businesses steps on common, repetitive tasks saves more than time. It helps to reduce bookkeeping errors. New features in QuickBooks for Mac 2012 simplify key multi-step tasks, including:
- Batch Online Banking Transactions: Import multiple transactions from bank and credit card accounts to QuickBooks at once. Automatically create smart rules to match payees downloaded from online banking accounts to QuickBooks names.
- Progress Invoicing: Easily create multiple invoices from a single estimate to bill for a project over time. Invoice by line item or by percentage of job estimates and easily track invoice details.
"The batch entry feature for online banking transactions saves me valuable time spent entering and renaming transactions one-by-one and it saves me from making errors in the process," said George Qualley of Qualley and Bleyhl, P.L.C. in Des Moines, Iowa. "By expediting transaction entry in a fool-proof way, QuickBooks gives me more time to focus on running my law firm."
Get Up and Running Fast
In addition to adding timesaving features, the 2012 release makes getting started easier than ever for small businesses new to QuickBooks. With the introduction of the Get Started Right program, QuickBooks for Mac 2012 users receive one hour of free technical phone support with a QuickBooks expert.
Pricing and Availability
QuickBooks for Mac 2012 is scheduled to be available for purchase directly from Intuit at www.quickbooks.com/mac or by calling 888-729-1996 beginning Sept. 26. It is expected to be available at Apple retail stores, Apple.com, Amazon, Best Buy, Costco.com, Fry's, MacZones, Office Depot, OfficeMax and Staples on Oct 9.
Suggested retail prices are:
- 1-User: $229.95
- 2-User: $439.95
- 3-User: $599.95
Additional seats can be purchased for $209.95 each.
QuickBooks for Mac is part of a family of financial software and services from Intuit that includes:
- Intuit QuickBooks For Mac Press Kit
- Little Square
- Intuit on Twitter
- Intuit on Facebook
- Intuit Small Business Blog
- Intuit Community
About Intuit Inc.
Intuit Inc. is a leading provider of business and financial management solutions for small and mid-sized businesses; financial institutions, including banks and credit unions; consumers and accounting professionals. Its flagship products and services, including QuickBooks®, Quicken® and TurboTax®, simplify small business management and payroll processing, personal finance, and tax preparation and filing. ProSeries® and Lacerte® are Intuit's leading tax preparation offerings for professional accountants. Intuit Financial Services helps banks and credit unions grow by providing on-demand solutions and services that make it easier for consumers and businesses to manage their money.
Founded in 1983, Intuit had annual revenue of $3.9 billion in its fiscal year 2011. The company has approximately 8,000 employees with major offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, India and other locations. More information can be found at www.intuit.com.
Intuit, the Intuit logo and QuickBooks, among others, are registered trademarks and/or registered service marks of Intuit Inc. in the United States and other countries.