- Corporate Profile
- Press Room
- Investor Relations
- Working with Intuit
- Social Responsibility
- Careers at Intuit
- Contact Us
QuickBooks 2012 Now Available
New Editions Help Small Businesses Save Time
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – Sep. 26, 2011 – The 2012 versions of QuickBooks® financial software from Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq: INTU) are now available. New features in the QuickBooks 2012 Pro, Premier and Mac editions help entrepreneurs save time managing their finances so they can focus on running their businesses.
- Calendar View, Excel Integration Refresh and Contributed Reports: Provide new insights through a calendar view of important business tasks, such as invoicing and bill paying deadlines, improved Excel integration that retains formatting changes to reports exported from QuickBooks to Excel with each data refresh and a library of more than 1,000 (and growing) user-contributed reports.
- Lead Center, Document Center and Inventory Center: Organize important information and make it easily and quickly accessible in three new central repositories.
- Batch Timesheets, Batch Invoicing for Time and Expenses and One-click Transactions: Reduce repetitive tasks to just a few clicks, saving time and minimizing errors.
QuickBooks for Mac 2012 introduces a redesigned user interface that delivers the experience Mac users expect. More than 50 new enhancements in the newest version give small businesses faster access to important information and simplify multi-step accounting tasks. In addition, new users receive one hour of free technical phone support through the new Get Started Right program. Enhancements include:
- New User Interface: Features a stylized and highly detailed Mac look and feel that is compatible with the Lion operating system.
- Customer and Vendor Info Panels, Transaction List and Improved Search: Provides immediate access to customer and vendor details, and to past transactions. A new search tool makes it fast and intuitive to pinpoint the data a user needs.
- Batch Online Banking Transaction Entry and Progress Invoicing: Simplifies the process of importing and renaming transactions from a user's online bank to QuickBooks; reduces the steps needed to create multiple invoices from one estimate.
Pricing and Availability
QuickBooks Financial Software Pro and Premier, including industry-specific versions, are available directly from Intuit by calling 888-2-INTUIT or visiting www.quickbooks.com. The products are expected to be available on Oct. 9 at Amazon, Best Buy, BJ's, Costco, Fry's, Office Depot, OfficeMax, Sam's and Staples. Suggested retail prices: Pro: $229.95; Premier: $399.95.
QuickBooks for Mac 2012 is available directly from Intuit at www.quickbooks.com/mac or by calling 888-729-1996. The software is expected to be available at Apple retail stores, Apple.com, Amazon, Best Buy, Costco.com, Fry's, MacZones, Office Depot, OfficeMax and Staples on Oct. 9. Suggested retail price: $229.95.
Intuit QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 12.0, including industry-specific editions, is available from Intuit by calling 866-379-6635 or visiting www.qbes.com. It is also available through authorized Intuit Solution Providers, which can be found at www.qbes.com/localhelp. Price for a five-user version: $3,000, or $2,400 for existing QuickBooks customers.
QuickBooks Online services are available at www.quickbooksonline.com or by calling 800-286-6800.
- Intuit QuickBooks Pro and Premier Press Kit
- Intuit QuickBooks for Mac Press Kit
- Intuit on Twitter
- Intuit on Facebook
- Intuit Small Business Blog
- Intuit Community
About Intuit Inc.
Intuit Inc. is a leading provider of business and financial management solutions for small and mid-sized businesses; financial institutions, including banks and credit unions; consumers and accounting professionals. Its flagship products and services, including QuickBooks®, Quicken® and TurboTax®, simplify small business management and payroll processing, personal finance, and tax preparation and filing. ProSeries® and Lacerte® are Intuit's leading tax preparation offerings for professional accountants. Intuit Financial Services helps banks and credit unions grow by providing on-demand solutions and services that make it easier for consumers and businesses to manage their money.
Founded in 1983, Intuit had annual revenue of $3.9 billion in its fiscal year 2011. The company has approximately 8,000 employees with major offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, India and other locations. More information can be found at www.intuit.com.
Intuit, the Intuit logo and QuickBooks, among others, are registered trademarks and/or registered service marks of Intuit Inc. in the United States and other countries.