- Corporate Profile
- Press Room
- Investor Relations
- Strategic Sourcing
- Social Responsibility
- Careers at Intuit
- Contact Us
Business Apps on the Go: QuickBase Goes Mobile
Do-it-yourself Workers Create Productivity Apps That Deploy on Any Device
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – Nov. 12, 2012 – QuickBase has hit the road. The enterprise offering from Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq: INTU) now enables information workers to easily build and instantly deploy QuickBase applications across tablets, smartphones and desktop computers.
QuickBase is a cloud platform that empowers do-it-yourself workers (DIYers) to create their own applications and solutions that improve productivity. It’s easy to use so anyone can create custom, collaborative business applications with no coding knowledge needed. DIYers have built more than 3 million QuickBase applications since the platform launched in 2002.
Intuit refreshed QuickBase to make it even easier to build and access apps with user experiences designed specifically for desktop computers, tablets and smartphones. A simplified design, enhanced search and reporting functionality, and a more intuitive navigation make QuickBase easier to learn and to use on desktop computers. A mobile version of QuickBase.com enables tablet users to create new or improve existing apps, and smartphone users to access their mobile business apps on the go.
Serving an Unmet Mobile Need
A September 2012 survey from QuickBase found that information workers aren’t satisfied with today’s off-the-shelf options.
- 53 percent said they would build their own mobile app if they could do so easily.
- 33 percent of respondents said the mobile apps they’re using are not currently meeting their needs. Nearly all (95 percent) said they obtained their mobile apps from IT or purchased them from an online app store.
- 76 percent cited the inability to write code or lack of approval from IT as reasons that would keep them from developing their own apps.
- 40 percent would build apps that serve business management and collaboration functions.
“The fast and accelerating pace of business today requires enterprise employees to work dynamically, solving problems as they surface, at times on the go,” said Allison Mnookin, vice president and general manager of Intuit QuickBase. “They need tools that are easy to use, collaborative and help their teams get their jobs done faster. They need applications that solve their teams’ unique workflows and that can flex, scale, and evolve as their needs morph.
“Mobile enterprise apps on the market today don’t meet these needs well; they either solve problems with a one-size-fits-all approach or require IT resources to develop expensive custom solutions.”
The Fastest Way to a Solution
QuickBase solves this need by enabling DIYers to build applications once and deploy them across any desktop or mobile device. The QuickBase platform offers unique benefits that include:
- Empowering enterprise workers to build business apps on their own, reducing the IT development backlog and reducing development cycles from months to days.
- Providing hundreds of templates that solve problems instantly and jumpstart the solution for complex apps, making it easier to address any business problem.
- Offering robust permission controls to determine who accesses or edits specific data or the application itself.
- Making app development collaborative and iterative so teams can modify their work to meet their evolving needs.
- Interconnecting QuickBase apps to bring data together in one place, improving productivity and the quality of business insights, while reducing high costs associated with managing a patchwork of solutions from different providers.
“Our business lives in QuickBase,” said Will Wieder, chief information officer of Ministry Health Care in Appleton, Wisc. “We manage everything from meeting agendas to plans to IT projects across thousands of QuickBase applications.
“It’s our personal Swiss Army knife. QuickBase prepares us to address the changing needs of our teams’ work with custom solutions. The new mobile capability helps traveling members of the team stay productive, especially those who have ditched their PCs in favor of iPads and other mobile devices.”
About the Survey
QuickBase and Decipher surveyed approximately 450 information workers from companies with 100 or more employees, investigating their current and future use of mobile business apps. For more details on the survey results, please visit The Fast Track.
Used by more than half of the Fortune 100 and more than 500,000 enterprise users, Intuit QuickBase is a proven and trusted cloud platform that empowers do-it-yourself workers (DIYers) to create their own database applications and solutions that improve productivity. Business users can select from hundreds of ready-to-use database applications such as online project management and sales management software or customize a business application to match the exact workflow and unique needs of their team.
About Intuit Inc.
Intuit Inc. is a leading provider of business and financial management solutions for small and mid-sized businesses; financial institutions, including banks and credit unions; consumers and accounting professionals. Its flagship products and services, including QuickBooks®, Quicken® and TurboTax®, simplify small business management and payroll processing, personal finance, and tax preparation and filing. ProSeries® and Lacerte® are Intuit's leading tax preparation offerings for professional accountants. Intuit Financial Services helps banks and credit unions grow by providing on-demand solutions and services that make it easier for consumers and businesses to manage their money.
Founded in 1983, Intuit had annual revenue of $4.15 billion in its fiscal year 2012. The company has approximately 8,000 employees with major offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, India and other locations. More information can be found at www.intuit.com.