NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR FINANCIAL DISCLOSURE OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR FINANCIAL DISCLOSURE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, 18 YEARS OF AGE OR ODER AT TIME OF ENTRY. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. Any information provided is being provided to the Sponsor and not to Instagram.
CONTEST DESCRIPTION: If you know an individual, including yourself, who is 18 years of age or older as of February 20, 2018, who is an entrepreneur and should be recognized as a ”Girl On Fire” we invite you to enter in the Intuit #GirlOnFire Contest.
- Nominator: A Nominator is someone who is  a legal resident of the 50 US and District of Columbia;  who is 18 years of age or older at time of entry (which can include themselves if they meet the Nominee criteria) into the Contest.
- Nominee: A Nominee is someone who is  a legal resident of the 50 US and District of Columbia;  who is 18 years of age or older at time of entry;  who is an entrepreneur*; and  who is considered a “Girl On Fire” by the Nominator.
* Entrepreneur who owns a small business (under 30 employees) or is self-employed.
ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry; and who is a business entrepreneur (an individual who owns a small business (under 30 employees) or is self-employed). Employees of Intuit Inc. (the “Sponsor”), its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, prize suppliers, Marden-Kane, Inc. and the immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings and their respective spouses) (collectively “Releasees”) and individuals living in the same household as such employees are not eligible to enter or win a prize. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.
ENTRY PERIOD: The Intuit “#GirlOnFire” Contest (the “Promotion”) begins on February 20, 2018 at 12:00:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on February 28, 2018 at 11:59:59 p.m. PT (“Entry Period”). Entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM ET on February 28, 2018. The Sponsor’s computer, or that of its designee, runs the official clock for the Search and will solely determine the time by which an Entry is received.
During the Contest there are a series of events (explained in detail in the Chart below), which start and end on or about the dates and times noted below.
Contest Timing Chart (the “Chart”)
|EVENT||Event START Date/Time||Event END Date/Time|
|open SUBMISSION for Nominations (entries)
|February 20, 2018
12:00:00 PM PT
|February 28, 2018
11:59:59 PM PT
|JUDGES’ SELECTION OF ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE WINNER
|March 5, 2018|
|WINNER NOTIFICATION||Week of March 5, 2018|
|WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT||Week of March 5, 2018|
To Enter (the “Entry”):
- Your Instagram privacy options on your account settings must be set to “OFF”.
- Post a photo and description of how your Nominee is a Girl On Fire.
- Instagram post must include the hashtags “#GirlOnFire” and “#Contest” and tag @Intuit in the photo.
- Post must be sent from one (1) Instagram account only. Multiple accounts may not be used and anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be ineligible.
Terms of Nomination:
- A Nominator may enter themselves.
- A Nominator may enter more than one Nominee so long as each Entry is a separate Entry, and meets all Entry requirements.
- A Nominee may be entered multiple times so long as each Entry is from a different Nominator and meets all other Entry requirements.
- Multiple entries that do not comply with the Official Rules may be disqualified.
Important Information About Your Entry:
- Entries must be submitted in English.
- Entries received that are illegible or incomplete, will be disqualified.
- Nominator certifies that the submission is her original work, accurate to the Nominees work, and that he/she has all rights to the submission; that it has not been previously entered into another Contest, published, released, or distributed; does not infringe on any third-party rights; and is suitable for the Contest.
- Nominators irrevocably assign to Sponsor with full title guarantee all intellectual property and other rights, which they now have or may in the future have to the Entries, or any elements thereof, including without limitation, the copyright therein, the right to make derivative works, copies and to use for any purpose whatsoever all media, royalty-free worldwide perpetuity. Sponsor shall have the right to assign or dispose of such Entries however it sees fit without approval of the Nominator or Nominee.
- Sponsor is under no obligation to correspond about Nominator or Nominee and Entries will not be acknowledged or returned.
Guidelines and Content Restrictions:
- Entry must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity, copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights;
- Individuals, other than the Nominator/Nominee, must not appear in the Entry such that they are identifiable or readily recognizable;
- Entry must not disparage or embarrass Sponsor or any other person or party affiliated with the promotion and administration of this Contest;
- Entry must not feature brand names or trademarks of others except the Sponsors products, images, brand names, or likenesses in Entry solely for the purpose of this Contest;
- Entry must be an original photo owned or authorized for use by Entrant and cannot be edited or manipulated (such as the use of Photo Shop, adding words to the Video etc.) in any way, other than to use the filter options available to Instagram users;
- Entry must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- Entry must not contain any materials relating to lotteries, gambling, tobacco, alcohol or drugs, pornography, adult-oriented content or any other sexually-explicit material;
- Entry must not contain anything that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- Entry must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where Entry is created.
If the Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that the content of the entry is obscene, offensive, inappropriate, or unacceptable for any reason, the entry will not be eligible for any prize consideration and may be withdrawn without notice from the Contest at any time at the sole discretion of the Sponsor and/or Administrator. Each entry submission must be manually key stroked and manually entered by the individual Entrant; automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of entries (including, but not limited to, entries made using any script, macro, bot or Contest service) will be disqualified and transmissions from these accounts or related e-mail or IP addresses may be blocked. By submitting an entry and using the hashtag(s), Entrant acknowledges that he/she read, understands and agrees to the Official Rules. Entries may only be submitted by a single Entrant. Entries that do not comply with these Official Rules, as determined in Sponsor and/or Administrator’s sole discretion, will be disqualified from the Contest.
The name of the person submitting the entry must be the authorized account holder of such Instagram account, otherwise the entry may be deemed void. In the event of a dispute over the identity of a potential winner, the entry will be declared made by the authorized holder of the Instagram account used for entry, and potential winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of such account. It is the sole responsibility of the Entrant to notify the Sponsor in writing if the Entrant changes her Instagram account during the Promotion Period. Proof of submission of entry does not constitute proof of delivery of entry. All entries become the property of Sponsor.
JUDGING: During the Judging/Selection Period, all eligible entries will be judged by a panel of qualified judges (including representatives from Sponsor and its marketing agencies) under the supervision of the Search Administrator on the basis of the following criteria. All eligible entries received will be scored based on the following judging criteria*:
- Appropriateness to Contest theme (25% of total score)
- Scope and breadth of Nominee’s “GirlOnFire” (25% of total score)
- Originality (25% of total score)
- Creativity (25% of total score)
*In the event of a tie, the Winner will be determined based on whichever Entry received the highest score in the appropriateness category from the judging criteria. In the event of a tie in both judging criteria, the Entries will be re-judged by a different panel of judges.
The potential Grand Prize winner will be the Entrants who submitted the Entry that received the highest scores, as determined by the panel in its sole discretion. In the event that not enough eligible entries are received the Grand Prize may not be awarded.
PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize Winner: a 4 day/3 night trip for the Nominator and Nominee to SXSW in Austin, TX. Nominator and Nominee must be available to travel 3/12/18 – 3/15/18. Trip includes:
- Two tickets to SXSW (one for the Nominator and one for the Nominee);
- 3 night’s standard hotel accommodations (one standard room for the Nominator and one standard room for the Nominee);
- Round trip coach class airfare; and
- VIP access to Intuit’s activation (which requires attendance at Intuit’s Day Concert on 3/13 and Lucas Watson’s talk on 3/14).
For purposes of clarity, the Nominee is the person in the Nominators winning Entry that they wrote about. If the Nominator has nominated themself they will be allowed to bring a guest of their choice. Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of prize: $5,325.00. No transfers or substitution of prizes permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Nominator/Nominee is responsible for the payment of all taxes on the prize. In no event will more prizes be awarded than those listed in these Official Rules.
Additional conditions of Grand Prize Vacations:
- A Nominator and/or Nominee will forfeit their portion of the prize if not available to travel on dates specified by Sponsor (currently planned for March 12 – March 15, 2018; dates subject to change at Sponsor discretion).
- Nominator and Nominee will be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release; and where legal, a Publicity Release; and IRS Form W-9, and a Travel Release Form, all of which must be returned within the time allotted.
- Nominator and Nominee must possess and are responsible for obtaining and must have valid ID or other required documentation for travel.
- Nominator and Nominee are responsible for obtaining any travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) that they may wish to obtain at their own expense and hereby acknowledges that the Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance.
- Grand Prize does not include any other incidentals not mentioned in these Official Rules such as, but not limited to, special seating assignments, baggage fees, alcoholic beverages, food, gratuities and tips, insurance, laundry service, merchandise, parking, room service, service charges, souvenirs and telephone calls. All other expenses not stated herein as part of the Grand Prize are the Nominator and Nominee sole responsibility.
- Releasees are not responsible if tickets, travel vouchers, certificates or other similar items are lost, stolen, or misplaced by Winner and will not be replaced or if booked transportations are missed, cancelled or delayed for any reason.
- Airline tickets issued in conjunction with the Grand Prize are not eligible for airline frequent flyer miles, and no code share flights may be used. The Grand Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer.
- The Nominator and Nominee must provide the hotel with a valid credit card for incidentals (including room service, mini-bar and pay-per-view television) and/or damages to the hotel room.
- Ground transportation to/from Nominator/Nominee home/departure airport and transportation in destination city are NOT included in the prize and are the responsibility of the Nominator/Nominee.
- Actual value of the trip depends on Nominator/Nominee’s residence or departure city. Specifics of Grand Prize package is subject to availability and Sponsor’s sole discretion. Complete terms and conditions of trip will be furnished with prize notification. Other restrictions may apply.
- Sponsor reserves the right to substitute ground transportation for air transportation if Nominator/Nominee resides within one hundred fifty (150) miles of Austin, TX.
- Nominator/Nominee must not have any medical, legal or any other reason that would prevent them from taking the Grand Prize.
- Nominator/Nominee are bound by the terms and conditions of all airlines, hotels and other third-party service providers used in connection with the Grand Prize.
- Nominator/Nominee will not receive cash or any other form of compensation if actual travel costs are less than the estimate made in these Official Rules.
- Reservations for the trip must be made through Sponsor’s agent, on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice. Other restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply.
WINNER NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION: The Sponsor will contact potential winning Nominator on or about the date in the Chart above. Notification will occur by adding a comment from @Intuit to the potential winner’s submission on the potential winner’s Instagram account. The potential Nominator will be required to respond to the direction in the message within twenty-four (24) hours with full contact information. Potential Nominator and their Nominee (the “winners”) will be required to complete and sign  an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and; where legal, a Publicity Release (collectively the “Affidavit”) and  an IRS Form W-9 and furnish his/her social security number that will be used only for the purpose of reporting the winner’s prize earnings to the Internal Revenue Service, as required by law, all of which must be returned within forty-eight (48) hours from prize notification date or the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate potential winner, time permitting. In the event that any potential winner cannot be contacted, or the failure to timely return any documents requested, return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable, or noncompliance with these Official Rules, or the potential winner declines the prize for any reason will result in such potential winner being disqualified and the prize will be forfeited. Sponsor shall have no further obligation to a potential winner who is disqualified, and an alternate potential winner may be selected from among all remaining eligible entries received at Sponsor’s discretion. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. If the prize is won by an eligible individual who is not of the legal age of majority in the state of residence (“minor”), the required documents must be confirmed and signed by winner’s parent or legal guardian.
GENERAL CONDITIONS: Use of any automated entry software is prohibited. Electronically reproduced, mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete or inaccurate entries are void. By participating, entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements. Decisions of the Sponsor/Administrator will be final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest. By entering the Contest, Entrants, agree to the use by Sponsor and its designees of their names, entry submission, and video graphs/likenesses for advertising and promotional purposes for this and similar promotions, worldwide, and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised (including and without limitation, the Internet) without additional compensation except where prohibited by law. In no event will more prizes be awarded than those listed in these Official Rules. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest are to be directed to the Sponsor at the address below. U.S. law governs this Contest. Notice to online participants: Internet access and usage charges applicable to a participant’s account, including access charges and/or any usage charges applicable under participant’s Internet pricing plan and any applicable taxes will continue to apply while a participant is online in connection with this Contest, and will be the sole responsibility of such participant.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS: By participating in the Contest, Entrants agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Releasees, and each of their respective agents, representatives, officers, directors, shareholders and employees from and against any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions and any liability of any kind resulting from or arising from participation in the Contest or acceptance, possession, use, misuse or nonuse of the prize (including any travel or travel-related activity thereto) that may be awarded. Releasees are not responsible for technical, computer, mechanical, printing, typographical, human or other errors relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest related materials; or for stolen, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, inaccurate, undelivered, delayed or illegible entries or; for electronic, computer, or telephonic malfunction or error, fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly or are lost for any reason including computer, telephone, paper transfer, or process any transaction thereon. If in the Sponsor’s opinion, for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned, or there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if computer viruses, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical difficulties or failures compromise or corrupt or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest, the Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual (and void his/her entry and/or prevent him/her from future participation) who tampers with the entry process and/or who is acting in violation of these Official Rules, to modify or suspend the Contest, or to terminate the Contest and at Sponsor’s discretion conduct the drawing to award the prizes using all eligible non suspect transactions and entries received as of the termination date. As a condition of entering the Contest, Entrants agree that: a.) under no circumstances will Entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrants hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; b.) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or the prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and c.) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, and in no event shall Entrant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees or other legal costs. Sponsor reserves the right to modify prize award procedures at their discretion. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision.
WHO WON: To request the list of winners, send an e-mail with subject line: “Intuit #GirlOnFire” to email@example.com. Requests must be received no later than March 16, 2018. The list will be sent when the judging has been conducted and the winners verified.
Governing Law/Jurisdiction: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of participants or Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by the laws of the state of California, without giving any effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be resolved in a court of law in Santa Clara County, California.
Severability: If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
SPONSOR: Intuit. Please direct sponsor inquiries to Intuit, ATTN: Intuit, Inc., 7535 Torrey Santa Fe Rd, SDG-2A-03-22E, San Diego, CA, 92129.
ADMINISTRATOR: Marden-Kane, Inc., 575 Underhill Blvd., Suite 222, Syosset, NY 11791-3416.
AFFILIATION & TRADEMARKS: Intuit is a trademark of Intuit Inc.
Instagram is a registered trademark of Instagram, Inc. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest are to be directed to Sponsor, at the address above, not Instagram.