What Information We Collect and How We Use It
We may use information about Applicants, including Personal Information, for necessary purposes, in connection with the purposes below, as permitted under applicable law. For each of these purposes, we may collect and use your name, home address, phone number(s), and email addresses. This information will typically constitute Personal Information. We may also collect additional information for each of these purposes, such as the information described below:
1) Identify potential candidates, process and evaluate applications, make hiring decisions, and onboard new hires: We may collect and use your information to process your application, evaluate your capabilities and qualifications for a certain position, and make hiring decisions. This may include using your information to consider you for opportunities at Intuit that you did not specifically apply for but for which we think you might be a good fit. If we hire you, we will transfer your information to our human resources systems, use it to manage the new-hire process, and incorporate it into your employee file. This information may include your education information such as graduation date, degree and institution, qualifications, previous work experience, citizenship and work authorization status, skills, cover letter information, professional and other work-related licenses, memberships, permits and certifications, demographic information as required or permitted under applicable law, social media profile information and any other information that you elect to provide to us.
2) Conduct reference and background checks: We may collect and use information to verify your information, conduct reference checks and, if we offer you a position, conduct background checks. This information may include name and contact information for your references, government issued IDs, and criminal records and/or credit reports as allowed by applicable law. Some of the background check information may include sensitive Personal Information such as alleged or actual criminal offenses, which we collect and use as permitted under applicable law.
3) Communicate with you: We may collect and use your information to respond to your inquiries, communicate with you about positions that may interest you, tell you about recruiting or other Intuit events, talk to you about your application, send you updates regarding our careers website(s) and applicant tracking system, or inform you about changes to our terms and policies. This information may include email address, social media, or other contact information.
4) Foster a Diverse and Inclusive Environment: In some cases, we may collect limited sensitive Personal Information from you as part of our efforts to foster a diverse and inclusive working environment, as permitted under applicable law. This sensitive Personal Information may include racial and ethnic information and any disabilities you may have. You may choose not to provide this sensitive Personal Information if you prefer not to do so. If you provide this information, we will use it to maintain and strengthen our diversity and inclusion initiatives, comply with anti-discrimination laws and applicable government reporting obligations, help ensure equal employment opportunities, and provide accommodations.
5) Improve Our Recruiting and Hiring Process: We want to provide the best experience to our Applicants. To help us do this, we may collect and use your information to manage and improve our recruiting and hiring processes and programs.
6) Legal Requirements: We may collect and use your information to comply with our legal obligations and otherwise as required or permitted by law.
Non-Necessary or Secondary Purposes:
Personal Information may also be used for non-necessary or secondary purposes such as:
(i) Communications (including emails) about Intuit; and
(ii) To prepare and keep a database for future job opportunities with Intuit.
To limit the use of personal data for these non-necessary purposes, you may file a written request before the Chief Privacy Officer, or electronically to the email email@example.com and your written request will be registered in the Exclusion