- Corporate Profile
- Investor Relations
- Press Room
- Working with Intuit
- Social Responsibility
- Careers at Intuit
- Contact Us
New QuickBooks Point of Sale Software:
Moving Beyond the Cash Register
Helps Retailers Provide Better Customer Service, Improve Inventory Tracking and Strengthen Back-Office Management
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – Nov. 28, 2007 – Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq: INTU) today announced the release of the latest version of QuickBooks® Point of Sale retail management software. Designed to replace the traditional cash register, QuickBooks Point of Sale gives small retailers more control over their business with features that help them provide great customer service and improve inventory management. In addition, better integration with QuickBooks financial software enables retailers to connect front-office tasks, such as credit card transactions and employee time cards, with their back-office business finances more efficiently.
"We know independent retailers face tough competition, so every year we ask thousands of them what we can do better to help them succeed," said Joanne Jacobs, general manager of Intuit's Retail Solutions division. "This year, we introduced new tools that will help all types of retailers – whether brand new or well established – make better decisions and sharpen their competitive edge."
Customer Service Beyond the Cash Register
QuickBooks Point of Sale software helps retailers offer customized incentives and provide great customer service to set them apart from their competition.
The software automatically tracks customer purchase history, providing insight into spending habits and supporting more accurate targeted marketing efforts. A new, customizable loyalty program lets retailers automatically track and reward their best customers. Retailers can set reward thresholds and discounts based on customer spending figures so they can, for example, set up special membership pricing and offer discounts for customers spending a certain dollar amount.
Additionally, the new shipping manager makes it easier for retailers to process and track shipments, so customers can have more visibility of their order status and receive shipments more quickly. Retailers can provide shipping cost estimates, schedule pickups and track shipments directly from QuickBooks Point of Sale. They can include tracking numbers and shipping charges on sales orders or receipts, so customers have all of their purchase information in one place. The shipping manager also enables retailers to create and print UPS labels directly from QuickBooks Point of Sale.
Inventory Management Features
New features in QuickBooks Point of Sale help retailers manage inventory easily and accurately across multiple locations, including both physical and online storefronts.
- Item Pictures: The ability to easily upload merchandise pictures directly into QuickBooks Point of Sale helps retailers keep an accurate and up-to-date inventory record. Retailers can also place the images on their Web site with an easy export wizard, use them to jog their memory when placing new orders or help stop price tag switching and prevent loss.
- Detailed Descriptions: Retailers can more fully describe merchandise with the ability to enter as much information as necessary. The descriptions can also be easily uploaded onto the retailer's Web site, eliminating the need to re-enter data and ensuring customers have the information they need to make online purchases.
- Multi-store Exchange: This new feature enables retailers to quickly view and exchange inventory between stores from one central location, and schedule automatic store exchanges. This helps them maintain accurate, up-to-date information to help make the right purchasing plans, pricing decisions and bookkeeping entries.
- Price Manager: This feature lets retailers adjust item prices for special sales, and then revert to previous pricing automatically once a sale is over. Retailers can track price changes and set pricing based on dates from a single screen.
Integration with QuickBooks Software
QuickBooks Point of Sale integrates with QuickBooks financial software, letting retailers track the overall financial health of their business without manually re-entering data. New improvements streamline this integration even further.
- Time Cards: Retailers can transfer employee time cards from QuickBooks Point of Sale directly into QuickBooks financial software, simplifying the payroll process by eliminating manual entry.
- Credit and Debit Card Processing: With a QuickBooks Merchant Service Account, retailers can automatically authorize credit and debit card purchases, and collect tips on credit payments as sales are rung up. QuickBooks Point of Sale also seamlessly passes credit and debit transaction information to QuickBooks financial software. This enables retailers to track which transactions have actually been deposited into to their bank account so they can optimize cash flow and make smarter financial decisions.
Pricing and Availability
QuickBooks Point of Sale 7.0 is available as stand-alone software or with a complete set of point of sale hardware, including a receipt printer, bar code scanner, cash drawer and credit card reader. Intuit also separately sells a variety of guaranteed-compatible retail hardware.
- QuickBooks Point of Sale Basic: $799.99 or $1,499.95 with the hardware bundle.
- QuickBooks Point of Sale Pro: $1,149.95 or $1,849.95 with the hardware bundle.
- QuickBooks Point of Sale Pro Multi-Store: $1,549.95 or $2,249.95 with the hardware bundle.
QuickBooks Point of Sale and integrated retail hardware products are currently available direct from Intuit at www.quickbookspos.com, by calling 866-379-6636 or at retailers including: Amazon.com, Best Buy, CDW, Circuit City, CompUSA, Costco.com, Dell, Fry's Electronics, Office Depot, OfficeMax, Sam's Club and Staples.
Multimedia: Screen Shots
About Intuit Inc.
Intuit Inc. is a leading provider of business and financial management solutions for small and mid-sized businesses; financial institutions, including banks and credit unions; consumers and accounting professionals. Its flagship products and services, including QuickBooks®, Quicken® and TurboTax® software, simplify small business management and payroll processing, personal finance, and tax preparation and filing. ProSeries® and Lacerte® are Intuit's leading tax preparation software suites for professional accountants. The company's financial institutions division, anchored by Digital Insight, provides on-demand banking services to help banks and credit unions serve businesses and consumers with innovative solutions.
Founded in 1983, Intuit had annual revenue of $2.67 billion in its fiscal year 2007. The company has approximately 8,000 employees with major offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and other locations. More information can be found at www.intuit.com.
Intuit, the Intuit logo, and QuickBooks, among others, are registered trademarks and/or registered service marks of Intuit Inc. in the United States and other countries.