- Corporate Profile
- Investor Relations
- Press Room
- Working with Intuit
- Social Responsibility
- Careers at Intuit
- Contact Us
QuickBooks 2010 for Mac Offers the Simplicity of a Mac with Powerful Tools to Help Small Businesses be Profitable
New Version Makes it Easier to Save Time, Make Money and Get Paid
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – Sep. 30, 2009 – QuickBooks® 2010 for Mac gives small business owners powerful new tools to help them be more productive and profitable with the simplicity they expect from a Mac product. Available in late October, QuickBooks 2010 for Mac, from Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq: INTU), helps business owners:
- Save time – Gets users up and running quickly, with a faster setup process, and helps them save time on routine tasks such as e-mailing and printing.
- Make money – Gives users key insights to make smart business decisions with customizable, at-a-glance financial reports and graphs.
- Get Paid – Makes it easier to process credit card payments and track billable hours with integrated add-on services.
In addition to getting paid, business owners can pay their employees with Intuit QuickBooks Payroll for Mac, an integrated add-on payroll service. This online offering helps users easily manage everything from paychecks to W 2 forms, including federal and state tax payments and form filings.
“Now more than ever, business owners are concerned about profitability,” said Kiran Patel, executive vice president and general manager of Intuit’s Small Business Group. “So with this new version, we focused on the areas that help business owners be more productive, such as at-a-glance reports, integrated credit card processing and simplified routine tasks. This means they have more time to grow their business with the insights they need to improve their bottom line.”
QuickBooks 2010 for Mac includes over forty enhancements that help users save time, make money and get paid. Below is a list of key new features and improvements.
Business owners can save more time by getting started and completing routine tasks faster than before.
- New Company Setup: Helps new users get up and running in just a few minutes. With only two setup screens instead of 30, users can quickly go from installing QuickBooks for Mac to creating their first invoice.
- Guide Me: Leads new users through key tasks, such as creating invoices or entering customer data. QuickBooks’ Live Community on the Web also connects them with other users to get the answers they need.
- Easier Routine Tasks: Gets business owners more productive by making it easier to complete everyday tasks such as creating statements and managing printing, e-mailing, and preferences within a Mac-like interface.
With customizable and at-a-glance reporting tools, business owners can now make better decisions with key insights into every dollar going in and out of their business.
- Customizable Company Snapshot: Easily view customized at-a-glance reports and graphs, such as year-over-year expense and income comparisons.
- Easier to Find Reports: Highlights the top ten most commonly used reports, and helps users save and find them later under “Favorite” or “Recent.
“Being able to customize the Company Snapshot with the data I need helps me get the most out of it,” said Wes Booker, vice president of Paze Interactive, a Web and iPhone application developer in Fayetteville, Ark. “And since I’m a visual guy, the graphs make it easier to see what’s going on. The Company Snapshot has already helped us rein in our expenses, especially travel and meals, so we can stay within our budget.”
Getting paid is an essential part of every business owner’s job, yet without the proper tools, it can be burdensome. QuickBooks for Mac makes it easier with add-on services for credit card processing and time tracking.
- Process Credit Card Transactions: Save time and money by processing card transactions with Intuit Merchant Service for QuickBooks for Mac, an integrated add-on service for an additional fee. With this service, users can process transactions directly within QuickBooks, greatly reducing manual data entry and errors. There’s no additional software to purchase, phone line to add or costly terminal to buy.
- Easily Track Time: Organize and track billable time, instantly generate timesheets, and easily send invoices by using the free My Time tracking add-on software. With this integrated application, users save time by eliminating the need to manually enter data while reducing the risk of manual errors.
“With my current credit card system, I spend at least ten minutes processing every transaction -- that’s a lot of time!” said Adam Shaening-Pokrasso, partner at Sound Arts, a recording studio in San Francisco, Calif. “I’m really looking forward to QuickBooks 2010 for Mac because it will help me process cards in just a few seconds. And because it’s integrated, I will no longer need to manually re-enter data.”
Pricing and Availability
Intuit QuickBooks 2010 for Mac is designed to work on Intel-based Macs (running Mac OS 10.5.7, 10.6, or later). For a suggested retail price of $199.95, QuickBooks 2010 for Mac is expected to be available on October 19, 2009 and can be pre-ordered from Intuit at http://www.quickbooks.com/mac or by calling 888-859-4093. The product will also be available in late October via major retailers.
Optional integrated add-on services are also available. Intuit Merchant Service for QuickBooks for Mac is expected to be available in late October, starting at $19.95 a month, including a $59.95 set-up fee and competitive discount rates. My Time software is a free, integrated add-on application that is expected to be available in late October. Intuit QuickBooks Payroll for Mac is currently available at www.macpayroll.com, starting at $25.00 per month.