- Corporate Profile
- Investor Relations
- Press Room
- Working with Intuit
- Social Responsibility
- Careers at Intuit
- Contact Us
Small Businesses Get Smart With QuickBooks 2013
New Design Boosts Efficiency, Retains Familiarity
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – Sep. 10, 2012 – Small businesses can work smarter and more efficiently with the 2013 version of the best-selling QuickBooks® financial software from Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq: INTU).
A reimagined and improved design helps small businesses complete financial tasks faster than ever so they can spend more time building their businesses. QuickBooks Pro and Premier 2013 deliver all existing QuickBooks features, plus new enhancements requested by users, in a clean and simple experience that’s optimized for efficiency, and that makes adding functionality, such as third-party applications, as easy as one click. The software is scheduled to go on sale Sept. 24.
“Over the past 20 years, we’ve addressed small businesses’ financial management needs by expanding the functionality of QuickBooks,” said Dan Wernikoff, senior vice president and general manager of Intuit’s Financial Management Solutions division. “This release delivers the QuickBooks small businesses love with an easier-than-ever user experience. With QuickBooks 2013 small businesses can complete their financial and accounting responsibilities as quickly as possible, letting them spend their time on other priorities, like serving existing and attracting new customers.”
A Clean and Simple Experience
QuickBooks 2013 takes a three-pronged approach to make the product easy to use, easy to understand, and easy to look at. Based on a 2012 survey, two-thirds of beta testers agreed that QuickBooks Pro and Premier 2013 will help them work more efficiently. Users will find:
- A unified look and feel: Visual cues, such as icons, help users find the controls they need faster than before and quickly determine what actions to take from screen to screen.
- Familiar interactions: A design that’s similar to popular Web applications means there is virtually no learning curve so users can get right to work.
- Clear steps: Design elements remove the guesswork from workflows, speeding task completion. For example, specific colors signal specific actions across the product.
In addition, a new navigational Ribbon displays and groups the most commonly used menu items across the top of transaction forms, such as invoices and sales receipts. The Ribbon provides fast access to the controls small businesses need in forms – eliminating a number of clicks, and uncovering helpful features that users may have overlooked
“Intuit put a lot of careful thought into the new look of QuickBooks 2013. The new interface is sleek and modern – and makes QuickBooks even more user friendly,” said Joe Woodard, CEO of Woodard Consulting Group, Atlanta, Ga., and host of Scaling New Heights, an annual conference for QuickBooks ProAdvisors. “I’m excited to start using QuickBooks 2013 in my practice, to share this new QuickBooks experience with my fellow QuickBooks ProAdvisors and to introduce the product to my clients.”
Optimized for Efficiency
Updates and additions to QuickBooks 2013 help small businesses complete tasks and find the information they need faster than ever. These include:
- New Navigation Panel: Access shortcuts to the most commonly visited parts of QuickBooks in one click via a persistent navigation panel on the left side of the screen, saving time moving from one activity to the next. Users can also add their favorite reports to the panel, so the latest insights about business performance are only a click away.
- Updated Centers: Consolidate and organize more important customer and vendor information in the Customer and Vendor Centers to save time searching for data typically stored outside of QuickBooks. Small businesses can now assign multiple contacts to customers and vendors, and pin to do’s to customers. In addition, users can track twice as many types of contact information for customers and vendors, such as Facebook pages or Twitter handles.
To boost efficiency, Intuit also addressed dozens of user-requested improvements. For example, tables in QuickBooks 2013 sport larger fonts and taller row heights to improve legibility. Small businesses can also now add multiple notes to contacts and add notes to inventory reports.
Customize QuickBooks in One Click
QuickBooks 2013 grows and evolves with small businesses by easily connecting to third-party applications and user contributed reports. This includes:
- Tighter integration with the Intuit App Center enables small businesses to discover, try and access applications that integrate with and personalize the capabilities of QuickBooks based on their distinct needs in just one click. QuickBooks recommends useful app solutions at appropriate moments to address small business needs beyond financial management and to enhance productivity.
- Contributed Reports, introduced in QuickBooks 2012, provide a library of custom, user-generated reports by industry, rating and popularity and have grown significantly to more than 6,500 in the 2013 version. Reports populate with QuickBooks data in just one click.
More QuickBooks 2013
For growing small businesses with increasing complexity, QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 13.0 provides greater flexibility, with capabilities that users can turn on or add on as needed, such as Advanced Inventory.
Intuit also introduced the 2013 edition of QuickBooks Accountant, the company’s leading bookkeeping, write-up and financial reporting solution for accounting professionals. New features include:
- Batch Enter Transactions: Quickly and easily enter groups of transactions, or paste and save more than 1,000 transactions from Excel into QuickBooks.
- Send General Journal Entries: Email journal entries to clients directly from QuickBooks, and clients simply “click” to import entries automatically from an email attachment.
Pricing and Availability
QuickBooks Financial Software Pro and Premier, including industry-specific versions, can be purchased directly from Intuit on or around Sept. 24 by calling 877-683-3280 or visiting www.quickbooks.com. QuickBooks Pro and Premier are scheduled to be available on Oct. 7 at participating retailers, including Amazon, Best Buy, BJ’s, Costco, Fry’s, Office Depot, OfficeMax, Sam’s and Staples.
Suggested retail prices for 2013 editions are:
- QuickBooks Pro: For newer and existing small businesses: $249.95
- QuickBooks Premier, including industry-specific editions for accountants, contractors, manufacturers and wholesalers, nonprofits, professional service firms and retailers: For established and expanding small businesses: $399.95
Intuit QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 13.0, including industry-specific editions, will be available from Intuit by calling 866-379-6635 or visiting www.qbes.com. It will also be available through authorized Intuit Resellers, which can be found at www.qbes.com/localhelp. Price for a five-user version: $3,000, or $2,400 for existing QuickBooks customers.
- Intuit QuickBooks Pro and Premier Press Kit
- Intuit QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions Press Kit
- Intuit QuickBooks Accountant Press Kit
- Intuit on Twitter
- Intuit on Facebook
- Intuit Small Business Blog
- Intuit Community
About Intuit Inc.
Intuit Inc. is a leading provider of business and financial management solutions for small and mid-sized businesses; financial institutions, including banks and credit unions; consumers and accounting professionals. Its flagship products and services, including QuickBooks®, Quicken® and TurboTax®, simplify small business management and payroll processing, personal finance, and tax preparation and filing. ProSeries® and Lacerte® are Intuit’s leading tax preparation offerings for professional accountants. Intuit Financial Services helps banks and credit unions grow by providing on-demand solutions and services that make it easier for consumers and businesses to manage their money.
Founded in 1983, Intuit had annual revenue of $4.15 billion in its fiscal year 2011. The company has approximately 8,000 employees with major offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, India and other locations. More information can be found at www.intuit.com.
Intuit, the Intuit logo and QuickBooks, among others, are registered trademarks and/or registered service marks of Intuit Inc. in the United States and other countries.