- Corporate Profile
- Investor Relations
- Press Room
- Working with Intuit
- Social Responsibility
- Careers at Intuit
- Contact Us
Intuit Launches New Developer Experience and Global App Store for QuickBooks Online
New Intuit Developer Tools and Resources Create World-Class Platform for Small Business Management Solutions
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – Oct. 22, 2014 – Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq: INTU) is launching a reimagined developer experience that makes QuickBooks Online the platform of choice for next generation business management apps. The new developer.intuit.com offers best-in-class developer tools and provides access to a global market of cloud-based small businesses.
“We’re focused on delivering an amazing developer experience because we know that the QuickBooks Online platform is only as powerful as the third party apps that connect to it,” said Avi Golan, vice president and general manager of Intuit Developer Group. “The QuickBooks Online platform is already home to leading cloud solutions for small businesses, such as Square, PayPal, and Method:CRM. With this new developer experience, we’re ready to take things to the next level as the global platform of choice for business management solutions.”
A Developer Experience that Fuels Speed and Agility
The new Intuit Developer, previously the Intuit Partner Platform, is a new experience that allows developers to create game-changing applications for small businesses efficiently and quickly. Key enhancements include:
- Hello World in 15 Minutes: the new experience makes it possible for developers to test an idea for a new app by working with sample code and testing it out within QuickBooks Online – all within 15 minutes.
- Seamless Cloud Integration: thanks to Intuit’s recent acquisition of ItDuzzit, a cloud-centric integration platform, it’s easier than ever to create sophisticated integrations between web and mobile apps.
- New Tools: new SDKs and simple documentation make it easier than ever to call QuickBooks Online APIs. Sample apps provide examples of eCommerce, time-based billing and customer relationship management (CRM) integrations, and a new Sandbox makes it possible to test apps live in QuickBooks Online.
A New Payments API
Intuit is introducing a new payments Application Programming Interface (API) that enables deep integrations with QuickBooks Online. Using the new API, developers can leverage Intuit’s processing infrastructure to create apps that help small businesses get paid faster.
Accessing a Global Small Business Market via a New Apps.com
Once an app is built, developers will be able to publish live on the new Apps.com in as little as two weeks. The new Apps.com allows developers to reach a global market of small businesses on the QuickBooks Online platform. Once their apps are in market, developers will benefit from support resources and self-service forums. To date, 385 apps have been integrated on the QuickBooks Online platform.
New QuickBooks Offerings for Accountants and Small Businesses
The developer enhancements are part of the hundred new product enhancements unveiled at QuickBooks Connect, a first-of-its-kind conference that brought together small business, entrepreneurs, accountants and developers. Intuit is also:
- Making accounting seem invisible for small businesses because the time-intensive work of keeping the books organized happens automatically every time an invoice is sent, a customer makes a payment, or an employee gets paid. Click here for more details about the new QuickBooks products and services for small businesses.
- Revolutionizing the way accounting professionals work with their small business clients so that the books are always up-to-date and the accountant-small business relationship can focus on offering business advice and insights. Click here for more details about the new QuickBooks Online Accountant product.
About Intuit Inc.
Intuit Inc. creates business and financial management solutions that simplify the business of life for small businesses, consumers and accounting professionals.
Its flagship products and services include QuickBooks®, Quicken® and TurboTax®, which make it easier to manage small businesses and payroll processing, personal finance, and tax preparation and filing. Mint.com provides a fresh, easy and intelligent way for people to manage their money, while Demandforce® offers marketing and communication tools for small businesses. ProSeries® and Lacerte® are Intuit's leading tax preparation offerings for professional accountants.
Founded in 1983, Intuit had revenue of $4.5 billion in its fiscal year 2014. The company has approximately 8,000 employees with major offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, India and other locations. More information can be found at www.intuit.com.
The above information is intended to outline our general product direction, but represents no obligation and should not be relied upon in making a purchase decision.