- Corporate Profile
- Investor Relations
- Press Room
- Working with Intuit
- Social Responsibility
- Careers at Intuit
- Contact Us
QuickBooks Connect Returns to Inspire and Educate Small Businesses, Self-Employed, Accountants and Developers
Business Luminaries and Inspiring Entrepreneurs Julie Rice, Nate Berkus and Dave Gilboa to Take the Main Stage
QuickBooks Connect is returning to San Jose, Calif. Nov. 15-17, offering for the fourth consecutive year a powerful program designed to help fuel success for attendees. With inspiring main stage speakers and breakout sessions, the conference will once again be filled with actionable takeaways tailored to business owners, self-employed businesses of one, accountants and developers.
This year’s main stage features entrepreneurs and business leaders who have vision, passion, and pursued their dreams. The initial lineup that will join the main stage in 2017 are:
- Julie Rice, co-founder SoulCycle, entrepreneur, co-founder LifeShop: Julie served as Co-CEO at SoulCycle from 2006 to 2015 before becoming Chief Talent & Creative Officer in 2015. Upon leaving SoulCycle in 2016, Julie co-founded LifeShop. LifeShop advises entrepreneurs, consults with businesses at scale, and invests in people and concepts, as well as develops original concepts in the health and happiness space. Honors Julie has received include being named one of Goldman Sachs’ 100 Builders + Innovators, one of Fast Company’s “Most Creative People in Business,” and one of AdWeek’s “Brand Geniuses.”
- Nate Berkus, award-winning interior designer, best-selling author and entrepreneur: Nate is one of the world’s most recognizable interior designers, with his work being featured in numerous publications and on television. His successful product lines include a home collection sold at Target, as well as offerings at The Shade Store and JoAnn Fabric & Craft Stores. He has authored two New York Times bestselling books and most recently starred in “Nate and Jeremiah By Design” on TLC.
- Dave Gilboa, co-founder and co-CEO of Warby Parker, a transformative lifestyle brand leading the way for socially conscious businesses: Dave has worked extensively with non-profit organizations, and serves as a founding member of the Entrepreneur Board of Venture for America, an organization dedicated to mobilizing graduates as entrepreneurs in low-cost cities. He is a member of the Aspen Institute’s 2014 Henry Crown Fellowship class and the Aspen Global Leadership Network, and received the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year award.
Breakout Sessions to Inspire and Educate
In addition to the main stage presentations, QuickBooks Connect will provide workshops and breakout sessions created specifically for the event’s diverse attendees, including small businesses, self-employed individuals, accountants, bookkeepers and developers.
- Small Business: Breakout sessions for small business owners will be featured for two days of the conference, offering over 20+ sessions to help small businesses learn to be better at being their own boss. They can choose from a variety of topics including cash flow, marketing, social media, networking, leadership and more, hearing from successful entrepreneurs and thought leaders.
- Self-Employed: Tailored to the myriad of challenges that self-employed individuals face, these breakout sessions will cover everything from navigating taxes as a freelancer or independent contractor, reputation management, finances, and more.
- Accounting Professionals: Over 50 unique immersive sessions, training courses and workshops designed to help accounting professionals evolve their practice, gain new skills, prepare for the future and be an even more valuable resource and advisor to their small business clients.
- Developers: In-depth sessions will enable developers to build solutions for today and beyond, while hands-on tutorials and one-on-one support from the Intuit Developer team will accelerate app development and aid those interested in publishing apps on the QuickBooks App Store. Additionally for developers, Intuit is hosting the Small Business Hackathon Nov. 11-12 in advance of QuickBooks Connect in which developers will code for two days, creating new innovations that help small businesses save time so they can get back to their passions. The winning team will receive $5,000.
Further details on breakout sessions including speakers as well as details about how Intuit will be showcasing the QuickBooks ecosystem and demonstrating how Intuit is working to unlock the power of many for the prosperity of one will be added on a rolling basis to www.QBConnect.com .
Two-day passes are available for $299, but those who purchase by Aug. 31 can receive the early bird price of $129. A full three-day pass is available for $599 or $258 with the early bird discount through Aug. 31. Three-day passes include up to 12 CPE credits for the live event plus an additional 10 CPE credits for the optional, free post-conference webinar series, more than 50 unique breakout sessions to choose from, and a special accountant-focused day on Nov. 15. For additional details and pricing for developers and others, visit www.QBConnect.com.
About Intuit Inc.
Intuit Inc. is committed to powering prosperity around the world for consumers, small businesses and the self-employed through its ecosystem of innovative financial management solutions.
Its flagship products and services include QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, which make it easier to manage small businesses and tax preparation and filing. QuickBooks Self-Employed provides freelancers and independent contractors with an easy and affordable way to manage their finances and save money at tax time, while Mint delivers financial tools and insights to help people make smart choices about their money.
Founded in 1983, Intuit serves 42 million customers in North America, Europe, Australia and Brazil, with revenue of $4.7 billion in its fiscal year 2016. The company has approximately 7,900 employees with major offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, India, Australia and other locations. More information can be found at www.intuit.com.