We are looking for technology-driven companies from Toronto and the surrounding area that are dedicated to solving the most pressing financial problems for small businesses and/or consumers. Our focus will be on seed stage tech startups with a product in market, but we are open to all stages (including earlier and later). We will put an emphasis on startups that demonstrate a strong alignment with one or more identified challenge areas as well AI technology interest areas.
- For IndividualsFor Individuals
- For Small BusinessesFor Small Businesses
- Products Overview
- Support and BlogsSupport and Blogs
- Sign in
About the program0
We are looking for startups that focus on the following solutions:
1) Mortgage & Rent Costs: Startups that are helping Canadians adapt to an elevated interest rate environment.
2) Savings & Investment: Startups that help Canadians better manage savings and investments.
3) Debt & Income Stability: Startups that empower Canadians to become debt-free faster.
4) Rising Cost of Goods: Startups that help small businesses manage disruption and rising costs.
5) Attracting & Retaining Labor: Startups that help small businesses win the war for talent.
6) Juggling Multiple Businesses: Startups that help self-employed Canadians manage multiple businesses.
For more information visit the 2023 Program Challenge areas section here.
Startups will be selected across a number of criteria, including:
1) Fit with one or more of the challenge areas
2) Stage of startup (seed stage preferred with product in market, but open to pre-seed or later stages)
3) Product traction
4) Potential for scale
If you believe your solution can help small businesses, self-employed and/or consumers, and you believe that the relationship with Intuit can be beneficial, you are welcome to apply. Having said that, we will be emphasizing startups that can solve one or more of the challenge areas.
No, the program is open to all Canadian startups, however, a significant portion of the programming will be held in-person at our Toronto-HQ, hence emphasis on companies that are based in Toronto and the surrounding area. If you believe your team can maintain regular presence in all in-person program activities even if you are not in Toronto or the surrounding area, we’d love to hear from you.
You don’t have to be a QuickBooks customer, however, partners who have used QuickBooks are usually able to build stronger and meaningful integrations. We strongly recommend startups explore the QuickBooks platform for developers and as an additional resource if you are considering an integration opportunity. Find out more at developer.intuit.com
The program starts at the beginning in February of 2023 and runs until June 2023. There will be an in-person Demo Day event in June 2023, but the date has not yet been finalized. The program will be run in a hybrid format (virtual + in-person events).
The selection committee will be carefully reviewing each application. If there is an initial fit at that stage, you will be invited to arrange a video call with the selection team to get to know you and your company better. Applicants will be notified of selection no later than two weeks before the program starts.
© 2023 Intuit Inc. All rights reserved.
Intuit, QuickBooks, QB, TurboTax, Mint, Credit Karma, and Mailchimp are registered trademarks of Intuit Inc. Terms and conditions, features, support, pricing, and service options subject to change without notice.
Photographs ©2018 Jeremy Bittermann Photography. By accessing and using this page you agree to the Terms and Conditions.