We are looking for AI-driven companies from across North America that are dedicated to solving the most pressing financial problems for small businesses and/or consumers. Our focus will be on seed stage tech startups with a product in market, but we are open to all stages (including earlier and later) . We will put an emphasis on startups that demonstrate a strong alignment with one or more identified challenge areas as well AI technology interest areas.
About the program0
Below are some examples of potential solutions that we believe can help consumers and small businesses find more money, with less work and more confidence. This is not an exhaustive list, and we’re open to exploring innovative approaches to solving the financial prosperity challenges.
More Money: increase awareness of and access to sources of funding, facilitate payments, save money, maximize tax refunds and government incentives, become aware of cash flow and spending habits, increase future savings, etc. Complete Confidence: humanized interactions with financial robo-advisors, intuitive and empathetic AI-assistants and chatbots, access advice from trusted domain experts, stay compliant with changing rules and regulations, simple and actionable explanations of complex financial terms and regulations, hyper personalized and contextual advice, etc.
No Work: accounting and tax prep automation, conversational voice interactions with a mobile or web-based application, proactive real-time recommendations, etc.
Machine Learning - capabilities to accelerate building and monitoring of ML artifacts
1) End to end solutions across the different stages of the model development life cycle spanning model exploration from development to deployment and then monitoring.
2) Self-service solutions for AI democratization. AutoML solutions that will allow developers to create robust models in a point and click fashion.
Natural Language Processing - capabilities for processing text, voice, images and other unstructured data. Includes understanding (NLU), generation (NLG), and other forms of processing like transcription & translation.
1) Conversation Intelligence - sophisticated AI that can support full fledged multi-turn conversations.
2) Document Understanding - state of the art capabilities with extremely high level of extraction accuracy, as well as platform capabilities
Knowledge Engineering - capability spanning knowledge engine, and applications of the engine encapsulated by knowledge modules.
1) Symbolic AI that is able to merge symbolic logic and rules with data driven systems.
1) AI for Insights - high degree of engagement with customers through insights
2) Forecasting and Optimization - scenario planning capabilities to enable advisory services
3) Intelligent Advice - AI powered advisory to solve for long term financial goals
Startups will be selected across a number of criteria, including:
1) Fit with one or more of the challenge areas and technology interest areas
2) Stage of startup (seed stage preferred with product in market, but open to pre-seed or later stages)
3) Product traction
4) Potential for scale in the North American market
If you believe your solution can help small businesses, self-employed and/or consumers, and you believe that the relationship with Intuit can be beneficial, you are welcome to apply. Having said that, we will be emphasizing startups that can solve one or more of the challenge areas.
No, the program is open to startups anywhere, but our focus is on solving problems for the North American market, Canada and the United States. Any international startups would either need to have a presence in Canada or the USA or be willing to put effort into entering the North American market.
You don’t have to be a QuickBooks customer, however, partners who have used QuickBooks are usually able to build stronger and meaningful integrations. We strongly recommend startups explore the QuickBooks platform for developers and as an additional resource if you are considering an integration opportunity. Find out more at developer.intuit.com
The program starts at the beginning of October 2021 and runs until March 2022 There will be a Demo Day event in February/March 2022, but the date has not yet been finalized. The program will be run virtually as long as social distancing protocols are in effect.
The selection committee will be carefully reviewing each application. If there is an initial fit at that stage, you will be invited to arrange a video call with the selection team to get to know you and your company better. Applicants will be notified of selection no later than two weeks before the program starts.