Screen shots are the individual screen displays contained within Intuit software applications and online services. You may make fair use of a limited number of screen shots for purely educational or illustrative purposes (e.g., educational guides, how-to books, training presentations, product reviews, etc.) provided you adhere to the following guidelines:
- Your use may not directly or indirectly state or imply sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement of your product or service by/with Intuit.
- You may not alter the screen shot in any way except to resize the screen shot in direct proportion to the original. Screen shots must be reproduced in their entirety.
- You may add commentary or other text analysis as long as it is very clearly attributable to you, and not to Intuit.
- You may not use screen shots from Intuit beta products or other products that are subject to non-disclosure obligations and/or that have not yet been commercially released by Intuit.
- You may not use screen shots that contain third-party content unless you separately seek and obtain permission from such third party to display its content.
- You must include the following copyright attribution statement on all materials containing Intuit screen shots: "Reprinted with permission © Intuit Inc. All rights reserved."
- If your materials include references to an Intuit product, the full name of the product with corresponding trademark symbol should be shown in plain text at the first and/or most prominent mention (i.e., QuickBooks®, Quicken®) in such materials. When referencing any Intuit trademarks, please make sure your use complies with Intuit's Trademark Restrictions.
- Your use of Intuit's screen shots may not be incorporated into obscene or pornographic material, and may not, in Intuit's sole opinion, be disparaging, defamatory, or libelous to Intuit, any of its products, or any other person or entity.
- Your materials should not be mostly or solely composed of Intuit screen shots or other Intuit intellectual property. If Intuit screen shots or other Intuit intellectual property would represent the majority of the material you wish to reproduce and/or distribute, you should first write to Intuit seeking permission before publishing or distributing such content. Requests must be in writing and should be sent to Intuit via the email address below.
If your use meets all the above criteria, no written permission is required. All other use of Intuit screen shots requires prior written permission from Intuit, including but not limited to any proposed use of screen shots in or for advertising, video, television, movies or commercials. If further written permission is required, please send a letter detailing your request to the email address listed below. Please allow a minimum of two (2) weeks for your request to be processed.